Prof. N. Ananthachar, the founder of A.P.S. Institutions was born on 5th September 1910 at Mysore, the Cultural Capital of Karnataka, into a family of learned and orthodox parents who cherished and followed towering ideals in life. Prof. N. Ananthachar was, by heredity and temperament, a true scion of the family which believed that service in the realm of education was the true worship of God. He had his primary education from Lakshmipuram Middle School and D.Banumaiah;s High School, Mysore and later joined the famous Maharaja's College for B.A., Degree Course and Completed the Degree in 1928. He came out with the Master's Degree in Arts in 1930 from Mysore University.
. . . . . More
Acharya Pathasala Educational Trust
Bengaluru, the beautiful Capital of Karnataka State, contains a lovely elevated region in the South-West, dotted with temples in the midst of which stands the conspicuous temple of learning, known as the Acharya Pathasala. A Committee of Management was formed on 05/07/1936 with Sri Navarathna Rama Rao as President and Sri N.Ananthachar as Secretary. The Memorandum of Articles of Association as registered on 02/11/1939. Since then it is the Acharya Pathasala Association which is managing the affairs of the several educational institutions and Sri N.Ananthachar being elected as its Secretary. The Bangalore Campus is situated in an area of 8 acres which includes 2.7 acres of playground. In the Bangalore Campus 2 schools, 1 PU Day College, 2 Degree college, 1 PU Evening College and 1 Degree Evening college are functioning. The Somanahalli Campus is having an area of 90 acres which accommodates 1 Engineering College, 1 Polytechnic and 1 Rural High School which is situated in Bangalore- Kanakapura Road about 23 kms from Bangalore.
Acharya Pathasala Primary School was first started by Prof. N.Ananthachar on 15/08/1935 with a strength of 60 students. In the year 1946 the Girls' section of Primary School was started and became separate unit with separate staff, accommodation and grant-in-aid.
Presently, in this place Acharya Pathasala Public School is functioning, and was started in year 1989-1990 with CICSE syllabus and the present strength of the school is about 1279 students and staff strength of 90 and is doing well. It has achieved 100% results in the public exam from the past 4 years continuously.
Acharya Pathashala Middle School was started in the year 1936 and got recognition on 1937. In the year 1946 the Girls' section of Middle School was started and became separate unit with separate staff, accommodation and grant-in-aid.
Acharya Pathasala Boys High School was started in 1942. In the year 1946 the Girls' section of High School was started and became separate unit with separate staff, accommodation and grant-in-aid. Presently it is a co-education school functioning under the name of Acharya Pathasala High School. It is having a strength of 274 students and 15 staff members and has achieved more than 85% results in the public exam for the last year 3 years.
Acharya Pathasala Polytechnic was started in July, 1958 with Civil, Electrical and Mechanical section respectively with an intake of 60:30:30 students. Later it was revised as 40:40:40 students to all the three sections. The present strength is 729 students and 92 staff members and has achieved more than 70% results in the past 4 years.
Acharya Pathasala Rural High School as started in the year 1960-61 with a strength of 45 students. The Government has granted 40 acres of land for the purpose. Facilities for Library, Laboratory and playground have also been provided and the school is satisfying the needs of the rural and fairly backward area. The present strength is 179 students and 8 staff members with and has achieved 98% in 2013-14, more than 85% in the previous 3 years. . . . . . . MORE